PSH Operations is a large-scale provider of O&M services to the renewable energy sector. We recognise and encourage teamwork, quality and creativity. We offer training and career development to all. PSH Operations is an exciting and rewarding place to work
We are currently looking to fill the following role of High Voltage Systems Engineer, the candidate will be ideally based in the Midlands. The role is primarily concerned with the operational effectiveness of the High Voltage Systems across the PSH solar portfolio. The role will require engagement on operation, maintenance and repair of high voltage apparatus and ancillary devices. To accomplish this the role requires interaction with key internal persons, external contractors and suppliers/manufacturers.
- HV focussed H&S audits for site & personnel, using the information gathered to make a safer environment to work
- Reviewing sub-contractor RAMS and confirming competencies to allow the release of sites under UAD (TOC)
- Producing in-house RAMS for HV scheduled works
- Compiling and implementation of operational restrictions
- HV partner report analysis, extraction of summary of issues & conclusion for future use or required operational restrictions to be applied
- Updating HV maintenance schedule
- Uploading HV reports on server and dropbox
- Liaising with third party contractors to complete remedial works and upgrades, includes scope of works required & quotes
- Compilation and production of remedial works quotations for use by PSH commercial team
- Assist commercial team technically during client calls
- Engagement with key internal persons and third parties to identify solutions to problems affecting HV apparatus.
- Assisting with management of issues on the HV Maintenance Trackers.
- Liaising with DNO’s to arrange OIEC & confirm costings when required
- Carry out HV Assessment of high voltage apparatus in line with company practice for new site “on-boarding” purposes and follow up work- locks, signs etc
- Carry out operation of the HV Systems in accordance with PSH OSR’s
- Ongoing training and development for PSH field technicians
- HV technical support for PSH field technicians
- Assist AP’s as CE nationwide confirming SSOW & OSR are adhered to, compiling SS when required either due to limited/no exposure or timescale & workload, always taking time to explain why and the importance of the process
- Attend HV & TL conference calls weekly
- Carry out remedial work (when decision has been made not to outsource)
- Assist with management and development of documents, HV onboarding, HV CM & PM reports
- Assist with Interpretation of client requirements within HV scope of contract, e.g. dielectric sampling and maintenance level required
- Manage PO’s, client team cost approvals and invoices in a timely fashion
- A strong, evidence based, experience of works involving operation, maintenance and repair / replacement of HV apparatus
- High level of technical knowledge around switchgear, cables, battery systems and protection relays.
- Demonstratable effective communication skill’s both oral and written.
- High levels of organisation skill
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst retaining explicit detail and focus on each
- An aptitude to recognise commercial impact of engineering-based works and notify internal parties
- A strong positive mental attitude
- Preferable: knowledge/understanding of renewable/inverter technologies
- Up to date industry recognised SAP/AP course
- Logbook of switching OP’s /
- Protection Relay training Course
- PD training
- Test equipment / Cable fault finding / VLF testing / IR
- Jointing or termination experience
As well as the salary, we offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Death in Service benefit, enhanced pension scheme and companywide bonus scheme. You a;so recieve a company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone.
Why work for us?
PSH are committed to looking after all employees. We believe in giving everyone the opportunity to grow with the company and offer development to all. If you are looking for a long-term career with a dynamic, forward thinking organisation then you could be the right role for you and we would like to hear from you.
Please follow the link to see what we do with the data you provide when you apply for this vacancy: www.pushenergy.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy-notice/
If you have not heard back after 2 weeks from your application, unfortunately you have not been successful in making the next stage of our recruitment process.
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
Reference ID: HV
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineer: 3 years (Required)
- Full UK Clean Driving Licence (Preferred)