Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Engineer/Scientist for our Materials & Corrosion Engineering Practice in London. In this role you will work as part of a team conducting materials, metallurgical, and mechanical failure analyses as well as product development and accelerated testing, with a primary emphasis on consumer electronics.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting a well-developed internal client base that works as a team to solve complex, real-world problems associated with the application of batteries across multiple business sectors
- Managing small to medium size projects
- Contributing to recruitment , including on-boarding junior staff
- Advancing Exponent’s presence with new and existing clients in various markets e.g. through public activities such as conferences, publications and trade shows.
- Conducting technical investigations and reporting
- Contributing to Business Development activities
- Communicating effectively with other engineers and technicians, managers, clients and administrative staff
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Experience in the battery industry or a related field
- Specialized knowledge of materials characterization techniques (SEM, EDS, XPS, Auger, SIMS, FTIR, acoustic microscopy, or X-ray CT, etc.) is required
- Specialized knowledge of electrochemistry and lithium-ion or other advanced battery technology is required and experience in failure analysis is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary project teams
- Must be able to convey complex technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal and related industries
- Prior litigation experience is beneficial
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.