Senior FEA/Composites Engineer
Faraday Battery (UK) is a young SME manufacturing battery packs at 0.1 MW to 1 MW scale for transport markets including trains, buses, and ships. The battery pack is designed to perform in extreme weather conditions using lithium ion cell chemistry and innovative thermal management and power electronics with six patents pending for these innovations.
We are keen to hear from those with at least 5 years’ experience of advanced composite structures as well as experience in Structural Design and Finite Element Analysis, capable of undertaking mechanical design and structural/thermal/flow simulations for battery parts. Hands on experience in production techniques of composites is required.
- Support the design team with mechanical analysis of components and FEA
- Understand and develop novel processing and production methods
- Determine and optimize process parameters for manufacturing processes
- Write manufacturing methods, test procedures, SOPs
- Work with our suppliers to improve composite manufacturing processes
Hands-on experience in Solidworks software suite is essential.
The jobholder will bring products from concept through to prototype and finally offering support to the wider business for product launch. Ensuring that all developments consider cost, time and quality. He/she will be required to show initiative in all aspects of the role and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Degree in mechanical (or similar) engineering is essential. Experience in aircraft or automotive or marine sector is desirable.
The position is based at our office in Birmingham.
Expected start date: 01/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £32,609.00-£83,916.00 per year
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
All customers are required to wear face mask, and regularly sanitise their hands.
- FEA/Composites Engineer : 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Work from home
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place