Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. Your Impact: About the opportunity: The Jacobs Power and Energy team carries out work for a range of traditional sector organisations as well as new comers, to our local markets and to our sector. This includes work on energy storage systems, transmission system assets, HVDC interconnectors, inertia systems, wind farms and advanced facilities for mission critical industries in the technology and process sectors. We mostly focus at EHV transmission level work but carry out work at lower voltage levels where associated with our prime focus. Our team has a clear focus on innovation and supporting industries and organisations focused on decarbonisation of our energy systems. We are looking to appoint an Electrical Engineer with Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) experience to strengthen our capability in flexible power and energy systems. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of energy storage using BESS, including, but not limited to, battery chemistry, duty cycling and performance, design optimization for efficiency and reliability, battery safety and battery inverter systems. In addition, the candidate will be competent in battery systems design, HV substation integration, supervision of battery installation and commissioning activities, development of battery tender specifications and review of tender responses. The successful candidate will also be able to work collaboratively with our Operations and Sales teams to provide client focus and support, to help grow our activities in battery energy storage. The Role This role is a central component of a growth strategy to position Jacobs at the forefront of energy storage technologies and to meet the requirements of energy transition activities within the EMEA region. As part of our team you’ll be providing a range of services from feasibility design through to the preparation of technical specifications, production of detailed construction drawings and design compliance checks throughout the design process. In your role, you’ll provide Project Design Management and Design Engineering for the full range of EHV/HV Substation design activities associated with BESS.
Key responsibilities include:
• Th e day-to-day coordination with allocated design teams including EHV and HV Substation Plant, Protection & Control, HV Cable, Civil Engineers and CAD Technicians
• Coordination of inputs being provided by other departments and external groups, such as survey/geotechnical, transport and environmental
• Managing agreed project programmes and deliverables • Ensuring the design meets all the client’s scoping requirements and compliance with their technical specifications • Conducting engineering reviews, quality assurance checks and approval of design drawings, reports, construction programmes and other deliverables
• Attending and chairing Design Reviews, Hazard Reviews and other related meetings
• Acting as main point of contact with the client during the various design phases.
• Carrying out system design studies Here’s What You’ll Need: You need to enjoy working in a team environment and where necessary using your expertise to guide other members of staff. You’ll also require the ability to lead bid preparation, deliver to tight timescales, be technically accurate and to manage a number of schemes simultaneously, either as the lead or as part of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills are essential as part of this role. Jacobs has a strong ethos for safety in our BeyondZero approach, so you would be expected to have a positive attitude to health and safety, especially to eliminate or reduce the risk early in the design process, Essential:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters in Electrical Engineering, but candidates holding HNC/ HND qualifications and proven ability will also be considered
• Membership of IEE, IET or similar Engineering Institution • Working knowledge of energy storage using BESS
• Proven project engineering and delivery experience of energy storage projects in an engineering or consulting environment
• Proven track record at delivering innovative solutions • Preference will be given to candidates with experience of doing system studies Jacobs is a “Relationship” focused company and the building and developing of these relationships with our clients is a significant and important part of this role. Why Jacobs? We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture: We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role. If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here . Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected. At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector
Source: jobs battery (google.co.uk)