Deciding where to work is a big decision. At BorgWarner, we manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses. We encourage you to learn about our company’s proud history, strong culture, technology leadership and future vision. If you find that you share the BorgWarner Beliefs and thrive on challenge, we invite you to explore the job opportunities available. That is the first step toward experiencing pride, passion, performance and potential with a career at BorgWarner.
Application Engineer PC
Reports To: Application Engineering Manager PC
BorgWarner Ltd, Roydsdale Way, Euroway Industrial Estate, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD4 6SE (refer to T&C’s for location description and travel requirements)
40 Hours (hours may vary as required for the business)
Days of Work:
Monday to Friday, some weekend and Bank Holiday work may be required
Responsible for supporting customers by providing technical, design and product application throughout the life of the product.
- Provide technical support to customers from initial enquiry through to Start of Production (SOP) and throughout the life of the product.
- Prioritise workload and activities to ensure all internal and customer deadlines are achieved.
- Take ownership of all technical aspects of the project including design, BOM and qualification of the product prior to SOP including all internal processes (EMS, AC’s, CM2’s etc….)
- Be the customers main point of contact for technical issues.
- Assist in global/local development projects by representing Application Engineering on development teams to ensure that our specific requirements are taken into account.
- Support the training and development of more less experienced Engineers within the Application Engineering Department.
Application Engineering (PC)
- Confirm technical options to meet customer requirements including design and thermodynamic options.
- Interpret customers engine requirements and complete match process.
- Identify technical requirements of project and the internal and customer activity required to launch product into production including all design, validation and release and prototype activity.
- Ensure all technical risks are documented and resolved before SOP following the DART process.
- Work to DART process in line with overall project timing, creation, updating and tracking of indicated documents using the appropriate templates.
- Support customers with the resolution of any technical issues prior to and post SOP.
- Identify customer development requirements and feedback to internal project team, including prototype demand and timing of different build levels.
- Understand and adheres to current quality and control policies.
- Work with other departments to ensure that all technical aspects of the project are completed to best engineering practice and in line with project timing.
- Identify changes to project technical scope and timing and ensure that all the internal departments affected are informed of the change.
- Provide technical expertise in root cause analysis of engine test data and turbocharger failure both pre SOP and post SOP.
- Lead the development of qualification testing to ensure full qualification of turbocharger.
Safety and Housekeeping
The upholding of health and safety standards, including timely reaction to all health and safety issues
The jobholder is responsible for working in compliance with BorgWarner’s policies and procedures to identify and record issues relating to the management of risk.
Equality and Diversity
Compliance with policies and procedures designed to ensure equality of employment. Co-workers must be treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion etc.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelors (Hons) Degree (or above) in Mechanical Engineering, or similar Engineering Degree.
- Engine/engine component and preferably turbocharger experience in addition to having been customer facing.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
- Experience in diesel engine or automotive component development.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
Internal Use Only: Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
|Job Category||Design, Engineer, management, production, technical support, technology, testing|