The Scottish Qualifications Authority is Scotland’s national awarding and accreditation body. We are trusted to oversee thousands of qualifications that are available in schools, colleges and workplaces, not just in this country, but around the world.
SQA is recruiting two Principle Software Engineers to work in our Dalkeith office. The roles are within the Business Systems Directorate in our Applications Solutions team and have responsibility for delivering high-quality, continually improving, efficient and responsive services to our customers. As a Principle Software Engineer you will be the go-to person for technical escalation, software architecture, code reviews and defining development best practice.
The successful candidate will be required to provide technical direction and capability to support and contribute to the development of robust, scalable technical solutions and to use this knowledge to work with other disciplines to keep multiple teams working effectively. In order to do this you must be able to demonstrate experience in the following specific duties:
- Leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and engineering teams driving and improving quality systems which outperform the industry.
- Architecting, designing, developing, deploying and operating services that potentially serve millions of users.
- Coordinating technical projects spanning multiple feature teams to ensure clear dependencies are highlighted and understood by teams.
- Facilitating collaboration between engineers, product owners and designers to ensure services always meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Additionally you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Significant success in a similar role with C# using MVC.
- Success with Cloud based technologies/containers and integration platforms.
- Collaborating, identifying, testing and championing the adoption of emerging technologies and trends.
- Working closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of innovative products and services to users.
- Researching and prototyping latest technological advances to provide solution options in front and back-end engineering architecture to improve product development times to market and the ability to solve new and existing problems.
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level 9 (SVQ4/Degree) and/or be able to demonstrate direct relevant experience for this role.
If you think you’ve got the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this exciting opportunity, please complete an application form.
SQA welcomes applications from every section of the community. SQA has a Gaelic Language Plan and is committed to its purpose.
Tha Plana Gàidhlig aig SQA agus tha sinn a’ creidsinn gu h-àrachdach agus na h-amasan a tha air cur a-mach sa Phlana Nàiseanta don Ghàidhlig.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.
|Job Category||Engineer, Support, technical support, technology|