Amsterdam, Flexible, Hamburg, Kolding, London
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Project Planner in Business Area Wind. As Project Planner you will have a key role within a project, being responsible for developing and maintaining the project programme, providing guidance and support to the Project Director and the packages and identifying key issues and risks of multi-contract offshore wind projects. As Project Planner you are reporting to the Head of Contract Management & Planning, but will be allocated to a specific project.
We are looking for a person that has the ability to simplify complexity yet is flexible enough to find the best ways forward. You discern different expectations and are able to address appropriate information. You are a team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help. You are also pro-active, transparent, performance and results oriented. Sound communication skills and ability to travel is a must.
As Project Planner you will have a key role within a project with the following responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a project master programme which covers project scope of work
- Act as a planning expert, provide any programme related guidance to the project team
- Support project strategic planning, provide scenarios studies and professional recommendations to the management team
- Support tendering process, provide input to the tendering packages, review and comment tendering programmes; and lead the contractor programme negotiation alongside with the package teams to ensure the contractors’ programmes are align with the project overall plan and targets.
- Lead of review and negotiating the contractors’ baseline programmes post contract award
- Key planning interface with every project package, capture the key interfaces between each package, employers and 3rd parties in the programme
- Review and comment contractors progress report and progress programme, flag any potential delays and programme risks; carry out “what-if” analysis and provide recommendations for potential recovery plan
- Maintain an accurate as-built programme and data
- Provide good practice of project monthly report and narratives
- Support Project Director, Package Managers and Commercial Managers for extension of time analysis, provide professional opinion
- Provide sufficient and wide communication to the project team about the latest programme information clearly and simply
Your profile as Project Planner
- University degree in an Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration/ Economics
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience as a Project Planner, preferably in large-scale energy and/or infrastructure projects
- Experience in the Offshore Wind Sector would be highly beneficial as well as Project Management know-how
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills, able to deal with complex situations/scenarios
- Proficiency and experience with Primavera P6 & MS Project
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent English in both the written and spoken forms
- Both a leader and a team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships, able to work in cross-functional teams
- Stronself-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales
- Results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
The location can be flexible on one of the main Vattenfall locations (London, Amsterdam, Kolding or Hamburg). Regular business trips are required.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
The Contract Management & Planning department is supporting all Offshore Windfarm Projects from development until hand over to O&M Delivery. Our mission is to deliver high-performing offshore windfarms in collaboration with our suppliers according to cost, time and defined quality standards and with safety as our highest priority. We build on continuous improvement and entrepreneurial mind-set.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Last day to apply is November 30th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Head of Contract Management & Planning, Kristiane Hoch-Eckart, +4915254627673. For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!
|Job Category||data science, Design, development, Engineer, quality planning, Support|